Common College Interview Questions
Below is a list of general interview questions U.S. News has compiled based on input from admissions officials and college counselors.
- How will attending this institution help you reach your academic or career goals?
- What do you think are the benefits of an education from this school?
- Without telling me your GPA, what do your transcripts say about you as a student?
- Does your academic history reflect the type of student you hope to be at this school?
- If you could change one thing about your past education in high school or college, what would it be and why?
- What do you think is the most important thing to consider when deciding where to attend college?
- What kind of school are you looking for?
- What are you hoping to get out of your college experience?
- What are your academic interests or potential areas of study?
- What activities are you hoping to be involved in, either continuing from high school or trying new?