10 global megatrends facing education
Andreas Schleicher, head of education for the OECD economic think tank and in charge of the International Pisa tests, sets out the biggest social, economic, political and technological questions being asked of schools around the world.
The top ten are:
- Wealth gap versus social mobility
- Rise of the Asian consumer
- Migration on the increase
- Show us the money
- Learning versus the echo chamber
- First class humans or second class robots?
- Lessons for life
- Online or offline?
- Teaching values
- Not even at the starting point